Sunday, August 8, 2010

Coupler

I received my adapter plate and coupler this week, but it looks like they had a different tranny than mine, so I have to send them back. Here are a few photos of the Lovejoy coupler. I am not sure if it will work for my freeway speed conversion.

It looks heavy duty, but don't really know a lot about this part of the process. I am seeking any advice I can get.

Note- This is not a Lovejoy coulpler. It is half of a Lovejoy coupler welded to a disk, and the spline which mates with the transmission.

2 comments:

  1. The coupler type your holding(set screw over a key way)doesn't hold up very well in high power, cyclic load applications. A tapered bushing type will work much better.Also, does your trany have a pilot bushing set up? The spline alone may not be enough support for the input shaft.
    If you still have the coupler the kit supplier sent,post some photos of it so we can see their design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check what these folks say about set screw couplers; electroauto.com

    ReplyDelete