Monday, November 19, 2012

Something smells good

Here is one picture from the last couple weeks. This is the rear battery boxes with the rear fuse and disconnect.

Rear battery boxes with fuse and disconnect
Yesterday I worked for about 9 hours on the control board. Mainly drilling the mounting holes for a couple items and some large holes for routing wiring as well as adding some grommets to protect the wiring.

I also made a couple pieces for the throttle cable assembly from angle iron. One piece was just a small bracket to mount to the PB-6 throttle arm, that had a hole for the throttle cable to go through, and the other was a mounting bracket to hold the cable in place. I had some trouble getting the cable in a good position to allow the throttle cable to move freely, but once I found the spot, the spring on the PB-6 easily drew the cable back. Now I have to find another spring to attach to the throttle arm as a backup in case the spring on the PB-6 breaks, or the throttle cable sticks some how. I have to find a small enough spring for the space I have, but also good tension, but not too much that it makes pressing the accelerator pedal tough.

I can smell the finish line, or at least the testing portion of the finish line. Next on the docket is wiring the control board, which I should be able to complete over Thanksgiving weekend. Then, connect all the batteries and start testing the system both on the jacks and then on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment