Friday, November 9, 2012

Connect the dots

I have made a bit more progress and am shooting for getting the car on the ground and testing by Thanksgiving. I will be working on it again this weekend and next weekend. Maybe even a day over the Thanksgiving holiday. Here are some photos of the latest work.

Added a grommet for the Positive Battery cable running to the rear of the car
Another angle - You can also see the flexible tubing to help protect the wire from debris
Flexible tubing for High voltage wire and a 1" clamp to hold it in place
Rear Fuse and disconnect location
Connection to front battery pack
Control board layout - Most of the mounting holes have been drilled
Installed RPM sensor on the tail end shaft of the Netgain Impulse 9" electric Motor
I have actually done more work than you see here, but forgot to take photos last weekend. I ran the negative cable to the rear of the car and installed another grommet for it to run through. I also crimped a couple more lugs on the wires and completed the rear Anderson disconnect assembly. This was my first attempt at an Anderson and it went smoothly. I bought new tires for the car since the ones I had were very worn and one was flat. This weekend I will finish up the negative cable installation by adding the flexible tubing and mounting it. I will also cut some more aluminum for the front battery racks and cut off a piece on the main rear battery box. After that, I plan to start wiring all the 12 Volt wiring for the control board. The following weekend should consist of double checking lots of stuff like mounting hardware, and wiring. Then, it will be time to connect all 44 of the batteries together, turn the key and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment