Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Countdown

The little elves have been busy in Santa's workshop making all kinds of cables and connections. The control board is pretty much finished. There is one fuse I want to find a better solution for, but it will work for now while in testing mode. Here are a few shots I took with a phone. Not as nice as the other photos on my blog, but they will due.

Control board sitting over the motor for a test fitting
The other half of the Anderson connector is not installed in this photo as well as a small fuse box.

High Voltage power section
Controller input on the far right with the contactors next to it. I have (4) 100 ohm, 10 watt resistors across the primary contactor for my pre-charge circuit. Next to the contactors is the main fuse at top and the shunt below.  Next to the fuse is the high voltage terminal block to send the high voltage to the DC-DC converter and the Amp hour counter/meter. The terminal block has a cover not seen here.

DC-DC Converter and 12V terminal block
Input and output of the DC-DC converter as well as the relay that switches the output on when the key is on. The 12V terminal block also has a cover not seen here.

Throttle box and cable
Here is the solution I came up with for connecting my throttle cable to the PB-6 throttle box. On the right I used a 2 inch piece of angle iron and made a slot for mounting the cable. I just need to tighten down the nuts on both sides to secure it. On the left I used a 1 1/2 inch piece of angle iron, drilled a couple holes for mounting it to the arm of the throttle box, then drilled a hole in the middle and a slot from the hole to the back side to get the end of the throttle cable attached. I will have to take a better picture of it this weekend so you can see what I did. Once again, it is not very pretty, but I think it will get the job done. I still need to throw some paint on them. I also need to get a spring to attach to the throttle arm as a backup in case of a failure of its spring.

If I could smell the finish line last week, then the plate is on the table and the fork and knife are in my hands now. Christmas should come early this weekend and hopefully Santa will be bringing me the EV GRIN!

3 comments:

  1. The finish is in sight. Looking good. Will you put a cover over your HV board? Good luck on power up and hopefully the first drive will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey - No plans for a cover right now, but could do something in the future.

    Travis - Thanks, I am very close to a wheels down test. Still a lot to do but almost done with the HV system. I might actually get your crimpers back to you fairly soon.

    ReplyDelete