Sunday, July 28, 2013

It's Alive Again

I had a couple hours available yesterday and I finished hooking up the control board and reset the controller to its initial settings. Gave it a few spins while on the jack stands and all was well, so I got the car down and went for a spin. Motor and Tranny are working well so far. I took a few drives down the street, then went around the block and then around a couple blocks. I tried 1st, 2nd, and 3rd as well as shifting while driving which takes a couple seconds without a clutch, but it works well and if I need to get up to speed quickly, 1st is quite useful. The most important thing is no noises from the tranny.

So, back to focusing on a couple items that will allow me to get it registered so I can test it more on the street without fear of being ticketed. Brake light switch needs to be re-wired, and the wind shield wipers need to be re-wired. I will also be working on the power vacuum brake system as well as upgrading the front brakes to Acura Integra rotors and calipers which are bigger, but fit my car. The bigger brakes and the vacuum system together will give me some great stopping power. The rear springs need to be swapped to Integra springs to get a bit higher ride height since the batteries in the back are much heavier than the origianl gas tank.

That's it for now. I am pretty excited that the coupler, new input shaft bearing in the tranny and the motor mount are working well and the car is able to move again.

No comments:

Post a Comment