Monday, February 22, 2010

Starting to organize

No takers so far on the engine, so I may have to lower the price. I would really like to start removing it this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be decent. I took some video of the engine starting, idling, revving and stopping so I can send that to potential buyers if they want to see it once we start dismantling the car.

I started my build notebook and also downloaded the Honda factory manual for a 1987 Civic. It should be pretty close to what I need for ERX. I also have a Haynes manual. I wanted to do something this weekend, so I pulled out the passenger seat, and took off the hood and grill. A friend is letting me use a solar charger and so I hooked it up to my dead battery and it started charging right up. It worked great even though it was partially cloudy. It got enough juice in there to start the car up a few times at least. I wonder if I can make due without a DC/DC converter and just bring the solar charger in the car and put it in the dash during the day. Hmmm

1 comment: