Friday, February 12, 2010

First look at my future

Last weekend I spent some time with ERX (pronounced "irks" by my wife,) and discovered there are a few things I need to deal with. It is a 23 year old car after all. Mike, the guy I bought it from said I may need to get some new front fenders as there are some cracks. Well, I pulled off the bra on the front and I will definitely need to find new fenders. Unfortunately they don't sell them anymore, so I will have to spend some time at Pick-a-Part. I pulled the carpet out of the back and it looks like there is a leak somewhere. It rained quite a bit last week so there was water around the spare tire. Also, either the battery died or I am out of fuel, cause the the car won't start now. When it did start, it sounded like the timing was off or a spark plug wasn't firing or something like that. Very uneven sounding idle.

I pulled some of the tinting off the back window and will probably scratch the rest off this weekend. I also pulled off the pinstripes because I didn't like them. ERX is gonna need a new paint job eventually, but not sure if that will happen right away. First I need to get the engine running smoothly so I can sell it. This weekend I will be cleaning as much out of the garage as possible and hopefully my friend James will be able to come over at some point and we can try to figure out the engine trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment