Friday, August 24, 2012

Crimpin'

Not a huge update but more motion in the right direction. I have spent some time crimping the 2/0 cable to make various connectors on the control board as well as the connections to the motor.

Control board with 2/0 cable and lugs

Motor with 2/0 cable and lugs
The layout on the control board is not very straight, but that is what I needed to do to keep the contactors from being too close to each other. I may still add a piece of lexan or something in between them so the chance of touching the most positive and most negative side is smaller. I ran out of heat shrink so I did not finish the last lug on the motor, but more heat shrink is coming soon.

I hope to have the car in a test mode in 2 to 3 weeks. Wheels up tests and maybe wheels on the ground tests. That is very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment