Friday, January 6, 2012

Crossroads

I am at the crossroads. My project stalled for a year for various reasons. I have basically two options.

1. Find someone in SoCal with EV build experience to help me finish the project. I can pay a bit, but not a lot.

2. Sell the project. This has 2 subsets.
a. Sell the whole project to a local person who wants to finish my build or wants all the parts and will scrap the car.
b. Part out everything and sell the batteries locally as I really do not want to ship them.

I am sad about not being able to get anything done this year but also realizing I may have bit off more than I could chew. If any of you live in SoCal and are interested in helping me finish, message me or email me at octagondd@hotmail.com.

If you are interested in buying my project, get in touch with me. I spent around $15K and will sell it for $9K OBO. All the parts are new and never used except the Motor has been mated with the Tranny and is installed in the car. I purchased a 144V kit from Evolve except for the controller. I purchased and built the OpenRevolt 144V 700Amp controller from Paul and Sabrina. It is finished except the end plates. I would probably just throw it in as a bonus if you want to play with it and decide whether to use it or not. It works as I have hooked it up to the motor with a 12V battery. Also, there is a serial port that communicates with a Win XP program and shows various things like throttle, Volts, Amps, etc. I have 45 TS(Winston) 160AH batteries. Check my blog out if you want to see the rest of the components, or check Evolve Electrics page for their kits

I really hope someone is interested in my project so it can either be completed, or moved along to help another project.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment