Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Exciting News

So I finally finished the control board section of the controller. I took it out to the garage and wired it up to a 12V car battery and just like that, the green light lit up and the yellow light was flashing just as it should. A great sense of relief  and excitement hit me. I really did not want to have to figure out what component might be faulty or I burned up, or have to order another control board and start the soldering all over again. I will also try to hook it up to my PC tomorrow and run a little diagnostic program on it to make sure the chips are working properly. Then, I will move on to the power section of the controller. I have been putting off ordering the rest of the parts for the car because I can not seem to make up my mind about the battery pack. I want to go with the lower cost of the 4 packs, but am afraid I won't get the cycle life or the power out of them that I want. The difference is about 10-30% more between the 3 larger packs, so maybe I go with one in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment